Bloated or Pregnant?

NanotankBank

Hey there! I only have one male Honey Gourami as a centerpiece fish so  personally I've never kept a female that might be carrying some eggs. But I was curious how they would look in that case and found this video.

The female honey gourami in the video doesnt seem to have such a body look even she is ready to lay the eggs. So I feel like it is not the eggs in your case. But I also don't know what exactly the issue is. 

here is the video;

FISH NSFW!! (😄)

Edited by Lennie
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:40 PM, Lennie said:

Hey there! I personally only have one male Honey Gourami as a centerpiece fish so  personally I've enever kept a female that might be carrying some eggs. But I was curious how they would look in that case and found this video.

The female honey gourami in the video doesnt seem to have such a body look even she is ready to lay the eggs. So I feel like it is not the eggs in your case. But I also don't know what exactly the issue is. 

here is the video;

Take it as it might just be my owners bias, I think I see some similarities 😂. But I hope it is just eggs and not something else because I lost a honey Gourami recently out of the blue. 

The smaller of my 3-spots gouramis is a total hog and was over-eating tiny fish food (little tetras and tiny cories in that tank also). He looked even rounder and fatter than yours (not bloated, just rounded and chubby). Your fish looks a lot like mine before I moved them to their own tank and slimmed him down. Maybe yours is just a little portly like mine?