Platy fry

smm333

So I found 2 platy fry in my tank last night and 2 more today. I moved them to a net breeder, but they are now in their own I believe 3 gallon tank. Temporary of course. It's been up and running with sand, plants, snails, nano hob filter with sponge intake cover and light. I added a light topping of aragonite sinse that's what I have in my main platy tank. 

I had no idea a platy was pregnant, even though I've been trying to watch everything on platies I can. I'm learning, lol!

16730737220811048849078183565018.jpg

Edited by smm333
Add photo
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/7/2023 at 7:56 PM, PineSong said:

Congratulations! Enjoy those little guys. Mom fish’s next batch will likely be much bigger😱

Yeah, I am prepping a bigger tank so I don't get over run. 😉

On 1/7/2023 at 8:00 PM, Atomicfish said:

Livebearers are always naughty they keep trying to have sex when male and females are kept together.

Ha ha! I know. My 15 year old was sitting by the tank and told me "That blue one keeps picking on the big orange one." Well, the blue one is a boy and the orange one is a girl. I had to let him know he's just "courting" her, lol! 🤣

• Haha 1

I am feeding my baby platies powdered fry food and a bit of vinegar eels. When should I switch them to crushed flakes? I saw one eating the powdered food, and I saw poo coming from one, so I am sure they are eating. All 4 seem active and healthy, but this is my 1st platy fry so I want to make sure I'm doing the best for them! 

On 1/8/2023 at 3:18 PM, Mynameisnobody said:

You can feed flakes right away. Feedings basically stay the same. That aquarium is going to be full of babies before I end this sentence. It’s intense but really fun. Good luck 

I'm excited for babies! I have a couple tanks I can move the boys to if (or rather when, lol) I start to see too many babies!

• Like 1