adding water due to evaporation

C.B. Anderson

also, I have not been doing water changes because all parameters stay so good....fish are happy and water is clear...it is a 55 gal. has been set up for about 7 weeks and only has 5 adult fish (mollies and platies) and 2 chinese algea eaters and about 10 babies from the mollies that are still very little so I dont think the load is high...and I am very careful when I feed to make sure they eat it all pretty quickly and only do that 3 times a day...so I think Im ok without water changes...I dont want to upset things ...if it aint broke dont fix it....is that correct assumptions?

I fill up a 5 gallon bucket with tap water and then add one ml of prime to it. Then I take water from that and add it to any tanks that are low on water. I also have a 55g tank and don't do real water changes. just top off and do a very light gravel vac every other month. Never added more than a gallon at a time.

You could also let the water sit for a day and most of the chlorine will evaporate out or you could go buy unchlorinated water from the store.

If your tap water has chloramine you'll need to use a water conditioner, it doesn't really evaporate out easily.

• Like 1