Hey Man, Nice Fish

Kamen_Kaiju

I was writing here about my tanks..

...but it was suggested I move here. 

This morning while feeding and cleaning I noticed the baby again. Hiding all the way in the top corner by a couple pieces of floating plant. I've been wondering what happened to him since yesterday and was surprised to see it out and about instead of hiding in the grass. I didn't know what to do to get it out and worried a net would be too violent and might hurt it. Then I remembered I still had the cups my Betta fish came in, so I gently lowered the cup near him in the corner of the tank and the water and fry flowed into the cup. 

I got him! ... now I don't really know what to do with him. But he's out of immediate danger of being eaten. 

So I pulled out my "old" first small tank and put some water and a heater in it. Then I put a square water-scoop cup in that will hold the round cup the Fry is in. So it's not floating around or tipping over. I want to keep the fry used to the same exact water that's in the big tank. 

I crushed up some baby shrimp and a tiny bit of fish flake and put it in the cup with a little floater plant. I don't have much floater plants at the moment (they're on the way), but I was trying to give it something. I have a breeder box coming that should be here Tuesday. I'm hoping if I change the water daily (20%) and feed him a few times a day, he'll grow a bit and stay healthy. Tuesday I can put him in the breeder box in the main tank so I know he'll be getting better water. From what I'm reading it'll be at least 2 weeks before it's big enough to safely but let loose in the main tank.

All in all it's pretty surprising. I just got the Mollys this week, a few days ago, I wasn't prepared or expecting to suddenly be trying to figure out what to do with baby fish. But I'm trying and reading as much as I can as fast as I can. 

Can't believe stumbling onto a Takashi Amano video on YouTube has led me to this in less than 3 months. Now I have 4 tanks and a bunch of different fish and a couple mystery snails.

The fish are so cool though. I can't believe some days after work I go downstairs and watch the main tank and next thing I know a whole hour has gone by. 

image.jpeg.c2e36154a3f2d0a4f428333a748bf2b4.jpeg

image.jpeg.56f64f47f504725c2b0e10a2748ed893.jpeg

image.jpeg.19498c135849140e3bad09d3cba0dfa7.jpeg

Edited by Kamen_Kaiju
  • Like 1