Hi & help me set up a 125g

wackbards

On 11/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, wackbards said:

Hi All, I'm a Snohomish county local who got back into fish ~1 year ago after 30 years.  I've been going deep down the Co-op rabbit hole, and now have a 20 long, a 40 breeder, and a 300 gallon pond I'm attempting to overwinter in a greenhouse. 

I've had the 40 breeder setup for about a year while I dial in on the plant & animal husbandry. Now with CO2, I'm feeling pretty dialed in on this setup.  However, I'm just bursting out of it, and I'm getting ready to transfer most of the fish & plant stock over to a 125g.  What I'm wishing to do is re-home my 3 pear gouramis, as the male is just super shy, and spooks even if I look at the tank from across the room.  With the expanded capacity, I'm looking to add angelfish and some jurupari's. I'm pretty new at this, but see my plan below.  I'm open to feedback on... everything!

here's the 40b that will seed the new 125g:

20221122_131028.jpg.5aad9ed207668e9a87633223fcfabcb4.jpg

here's the layout & stocking plan for the new 125g.  The only fish stocking changes I've noted are the removal of the 3 gouramis, and the addition of angelfish and jurupari's:

125g setup.jpg

Super cool planner! Definitely way better than my doodling into a notebook, lol. Looks like the build will be super cool!! I have 8 Philipino Blue Angels and they are a trip, love to post up on one another constantly flexing. 🤣 They are gorgeous fish tho as they get older...my next ones will be Red Devils. Welcome aboard!!!