sorry if this has been ask before

jsem321

I'm sure this has been covered before, sorry. My planted tank (60gal) is about 11-12 weeks old. I dose twice weekly with EASY GREEN as recommended. I've placed the recommended amount of root tabs in my ECO-Complete. I give my plants about 10 -12 hours of light daily, but not on full. About an hour after turning on and before turning off I either ramp up or cut the light intensity back to simulate dawn and dusk. I was able to remedy my Diatom issue with 6 Otto Cats. On a side note, my Otto Cats are my MVP's on the team, for sure. Now back to my question, I've noticed a slight presents of "Fuzz Algae". Will these Otto Cats be effective on this new menace ? I've read yes and no, on the internet. I came here to get a straight answer, which I always get here. Secondly. I would appreciate any suggestions to combat this before it becomes noticeable or worse. My parameters are Ammonia = 0ppm, Nitrites = 0ppm, Nitrates = 40ppm and PH = 7.4. Like I mentioned above, Diatoms = gone, other algae = lite, which is par for the course on most any tank and now Fuzz Algae is starting on my Vals. My Amazon Swords, Banana's and other plants are not affected .... so far. One more thing, my Vals are sending out runners left and right and taking over, and that's a good thing. Their runners are growing just fine. The original plant stock has struggled and that's where the Fuzz Algae resides. I did a 30-40% water change yesterday to knock my Nitates back a bit and my fish are really responding positively. It's like I poured a Red Bull in the tank. There is so much activity. Thanx

Can you show me the whole tank?

If not, I would discontinue root tabs and dose EG at a quarter of what you are dosing now. The tank is too new to be dosing so much. I would drop your nitrates down to around 10. The 10ppm Nitrates needs to come from your dosing. I'd also drop the light duration down to around 7 hours with a bit less intensity. 

Edited by Mmiller2001