Red tiger lotus

On 11/20/2022 at 3:50 AM, Lily Greene said:

I just bought a tiger lotus and the roots aren't very long so I'm having trouble keeping it in the substrate without completely submerging the bulb which I don't want to do. Is it ok to keep it it floating in the tank until roots grow longer? Thanks!

Normally it’s not supposed to float, but I’d recommend resting it on top of the substrate and the roots will eventually bury themselves and you’ll start getting some leaves.

Imagine tucking in a child, that’s what you want to do to that bulb. Place it on the substrate and push down slightly. Push substrate onto just the perimeter of the bulb while keeping 1 finger on the bulb so it doesn’t float away. You’re tucking it into the substrate. Give it a couple of weeks and you should start seeing things happen. Hope this helps. 

On 11/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, Lily Greene said:

I just bought a tiger lotus and the roots aren't very long so I'm having trouble keeping it in the substrate without completely submerging the bulb which I don't want to do. Is it ok to keep it it floating in the tank until roots grow longer? Thanks!

This is exactly what I did...only took about a week for roots to grow long enough. Then I did what everyone else suggested.