Bean Animal Noise PLEASE hElp๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Trailblazur

Iโ€™ve spent hours trying to get this thing right and silent like everyone else can lol.ย 

Iโ€™ve tried doing the pipes inside the overflow box shorter, longer, you name it.ย 

With and without the u-pipe and I still canโ€™t get it to where I want it.ย 

Iโ€™m running around 2000 gph through the system fyi.ย 

ย 

I can tune through adjusting the gate valve to have the primary drain under water and silent, BUT I cannot figure out how to get the secondary open air drain silent once water starts going down that pipeย ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ANY help or advice is appreciated.ย 

ive attached pics of the system. THANK YOU ALLโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ

CEC72326-201E-4F84-A082-1E64F5F9C87E.jpeg

738ED797-F1C8-4078-82B6-916DC22A26AF.png

You will never be able to get it dead silent, but it should sound more like a pleasant trickling stream, and not gurgling loudly. The only loud gurgling should come from the emergency overflow, if that ever needs to be used should either the primary or secondary get plugged up.

Here is my setup. Sorry it's shot from the top, but I can get in the back of my tank to get a better angle.ย 

As you can see, both the primary and secondary on my setup are U's, except the secondary has a small stack with a hole in the top to allow air to draw in.

ย 

IMG_8234.jpg.32ee8f17c63ce2fabe970fa53dd900aa.jpg

ย 

The basic setup looks like this (not my aquarium, but more or less identical to how I've set mine up). The setup below has the emergency in the middle, primary on the right, secondary on the left.

ย 

overflow-box.jpg.35c0c62492692020cfa26f8a8b77963a.jpg

ย 

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 2

I can get it close to quite by tuning the gate valve.ย 
ย 

The quietest I can achieve is a tiny trickle in the secondary. But even a tiny trickle going down the pvc isnโ€™t close to silent.ย 
ย 

the manufacturer says 15-20% of the flow should be going down the secondary. That is even louder though ie constant toilet flush.ย 
ย 

ugh๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I just turn the gate valve on mine till it's as quiet as I can get it and don't worry abut how much goes down the secondary drain.

The noise in mine is mostly from the water going into the overflow itself from the tank. With a minor amount ofย  noise from the drain.

I don't care what anything/anyone says, you're not going to be able to get it dead silent. But you should be able to get it to a point where its just the relaxing sound of water splashing, like that of a gentle brook.ย 

I find that if you let all the water go down the primary drain, then the overflow box itself gets too loud. So, you have to let some go down the secondary to keep the level up in the overflow box to muffle the noise there a little. However, too much down the secondary leads to that one sucking in air and taking over the role of noise maker. And, if it's going down the emergency, then yeah, it's all out of balance.

You can also adjust how much your pump is putting out and that balances things as well. Tuning it all is really that -- tweaking the flow rate into the tank and out of the tank.

You'll get it. It will never be silent. But adjusted correctly, it's the most silent form of overflow filtering.

PS . . .ย  sitting here typing this and listening to mine, it could use a little tweaking!

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 1
  • Love 1