rainbird drip irrigation system works perfectly for me

kevincanada

i was watching some old daily dose videos and i noticed that Corey was unable to get the auto drip system to work. i have had my running perfectly for about 6 yrs now.  i wonder if Corey didnt use the emitters that come with it or if he did not install the 5 psi limiter ahead of output. it only works on low pressure with the pressure reducer attached. the other thing is that it is a slow flow, 2 to 5 gallons per hour so its not great for massive and quick water changes. the upside is i did the whole fish room for the cost of the kit, about 90 dollars here in canada.

cheers

On 11/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, kevincanada said:

i was watching some old daily dose videos and i noticed that Corey was unable to get the auto drip system to work. i have had my running perfectly for about 6 yrs now.  i wonder if Corey didnt use the emitters that come with it or if he did not install the 5 psi limiter ahead of output. it only works on low pressure with the pressure reducer attached. the other thing is that it is a slow flow, 2 to 5 gallons per hour so its not great for massive and quick water changes. the upside is i did the whole fish room for the cost of the kit, about 90 dollars here in canada.

cheers

So it’s useful for continuous water change on the slow? Maybe if I ever get to do my dream fishroom…

One small thing for the future: Corey is actually spelt @Cory 😉 That autocorrect gets us all at one time or another!

• Administrators

I have tried it with the reducer yes. The problem wasn't that it wouldn't work. It's that with 3 levels of tanks, they'd exchange water at different rates not matter the brand or gph of the emitter. So this wasn't conducive to using meds and such in the shop.

understood. By the way Cory, I owe you a debt of gratitude because of you and your channel and your advice I've been running a successful fish room for years now and it really is all thanks to you. I would suggest you're changing the North American Hobby in the same way Elon Musk is changing space etc. I can only say  thank you for all you do .cheers from Canada.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, kevincanada said:

understood. By the way Cory, I owe you a debt of gratitude because of you and your channel and your advice I've been running a successful fish room for years now and it really is all thanks to you. I would suggest you're changing the North American Hobby in the same way Elon Musk is changing space etc. I can only say  thank you for all you do .cheers from Canada.

Doesn’t come more grateful than that!