Seachem Equilibrium

JJenna

Tank planted 11/10/22.  R/O water only. Have used fertilizer and plants are showing signs of growth along with hair algae on the crinums. On 11/15 5 Mystery Snails were introduced to the tank. Test strip reading today continues to be low for pH, kH, and gH. I was concerned about low levels for snails and dosed with Seachem Equilibrium per instructions. Does anyone know how long I should wait to test GH levels again? Got some crushed coral and waiting for mesh bags to plant behind my decor. 

Edited by JJenna

On 11/18/2022 at 4:51 PM, JJenna said:

Tank planted 11/10/22.  R/O water only. Have used fertilizer and plants are showing signs of growth along with hair algae on the crinums. On 11/15 5 Mystery Snails were introduced to the tank. Test strip reading today continues to be all zeroes. I was concerned about low GH levels for snails and dosed with Seachem Equilibrium per instructions. Does anyone know how long I should wait to test GH levels again? Got some crushed coral and waiting for mesh bags to plant behind my decor. 

Maybe test a day or 2 after you add the crushed coral and see what it reads. Any pics of the tank going??

• Like 1

I’m not sure what the rule of thumb is for when to test after introducing Seachem Equilibrium, but it does seem to take a while to dissolve, so maybe give it a day?
Also if you’re using straight RO water remineralized with equilibrium you probably won’t need any crushed  coral. Just do your top offs with straight RO and then do your water changes with remineralized RO. I think you’ll also something to raise KH. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, Patrick_G said:

I’m not sure what the rule of thumb is for when to test after introducing Seachem Equilibrium, but it does seem to take a while to dissolve, so maybe give it a day?
Also if you’re using straight RO water remineralized with equilibrium you probably won’t need any crushed  coral. Just do your top offs with straight RO and then do your water changes with remineralized RO. I think you’ll also something to raise KH. 

I used the Equilibrium to jumpstart the GH because of the snails, was going to use crushed coral for a longer release time.