Breeding Peacock Gudgeons Help

Wyatt

Hello,

I have some breeding pairs of Peacock Gudgeons that are laying eggs for me in the tubes that I have provided them, and I need advice on getting the eggs to hatch and grow.

Should I get an egg tumbler, or leave the male in with it, or put them in a different tank with the male to fan them?

I am unsure of the best way to get the fry to hatch and grow. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

I have a pair of Peacocks that spawned for me right after I moved out of QT. I was unsuccessful with the hatch, and I think I know why. I simply used methylene blue and an air stone is a separate container (just like I hatch Angel eggs). 

The next time they spawn I will try 1 of 2 things. Either leaving the male to fan them in that separate container, or I’ve seen to use a piece of pvc pipe above the eggs with an air stone in it to draw current across the eggs to simulate the male fanning them. 

I wish I had the “here’s what’s worked for me” but I’ve only had the one attempt so far and botched it, lol. At least I can tell you what not to do. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes