Bump under swordtail lip

lewk

I recently bought some Cauliflower swordtails. I got them from an importer who had them for 1 week after receiving them from Asia. A couple of them appear to have very small bumps below their mouths, like shown in the picture. I looked it up and thought it may be columnaris, but the pictures I find on the internet would show more advanced illness if that is the case. Anyone have any idea of what this is and how to treat?

0/0/10 for A/N/N
72 degrees
Very hard water, medium buffer, 7.6 pH

image.jpeg.cb37a4c085a802786f3b4745cfbb4b26.jpeg

On 11/11/2022 at 7:54 PM, Colu said:

It difficult to tell of your picture what's going on have you notice any rapid breathing hanging near the surface listlessness weight loss spitting food out loss of color @lewk

Thank you for responding. It's a bit concerning to ask for guidance and get crickets. 😛  I wish I had a better camera but I took a ton of pictures and that was the one where it was most visible. It really is just a very small bump that has not gotten worse over the last few days. 

As for other signs, I haven't noticed anything. The fish otherwise seem happy and healthy and look great. One of them occasionally goes to the surface, but it appears to be hunting for more food, looking for anything that's stuck between my floating plants. 

Yesterday morning I did decide to treat the tank - I added Jungle Fungus Clear Fizz Tabs and Ich-X. Probably not the most thought out treatment plan, but I hadn't given them any quarantine meds and kind of just freaked and treated. My plan was to just leave it at that unless I see things getting worse.

I do think it's entirely possible that I'm just a newish fishkeeper freaking out about nothing, or that these fish got some minor bumps from eating off the bottom. As I said before, they seem like they're doing great otherwise. They started out a little skiddish, hiding near the back of the tank, especially when I opened the lid, but now they're all throughout the tank and even getting excited at the prospect of food when I open the top. They're young fish that haven't totally sexed out yet, but they are already showing a fair amount of breeding behavior - it does seem less likely that they'd be acting like that if they are sick.