If you could Discover any fish....

nabokovfan87

On 10/22/2022 at 12:31 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Siamese Algae Eaters do an OK job.

I've had some fish like mollies eat it. They munch on it but they don't really wipe it out. They do a good job keeping plants clean but it's clear they'd prefer fish food over it. Sort of like how bn plecos will wipe a tank clean of diatoms over night, I'd like a fish that would do the same with hair algae.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:07 AM, Scapexghost said:

I've had some fish like mollies eat it. They munch on it but they don't really wipe it out. They do a good job keeping plants clean but it's clear they'd prefer fish food over it. Sort of like how bn plecos will wipe a tank clean of diatoms over night, I'd like a fish that would do the same with hair algae.

A rubberlip pleco the size of an oto that can eat hair algae of all colors specifically out of stuff like moss and fine plants.

Or an amano shrimp variety that just really, really, really loves to eat red algae as much as a homemade chocolate chip cookie sitting there fresh out of the oven.

Yes please.

I totally understand what you mean.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:31 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Siamese Algae Eaters do an OK job.

Especially a few of them. Like everything, the key is always to keep from feeding them so they actually want to graze on algae.