African Dwarf Frog

Louise02

Where can I learn more about ADF care?  I have kept them in the past, but I am looking for 'best practice' type information.  I am interested in feeding them live food, and I am wondering if there are any draw backs to keeping black worms or brine shrimp in the tank with them.  In other words, could I seed the aquarium with black worms?  Could I add a large number of brine shrimp once per week?  If you know where I could learn more about the ADF I would appreciate it.  Thank you in advance!

Not sure if there's a good online source but having kept them for a while I'd say feeding heavy and live food is beneficial for ADF. They will let food drift right past them and then will lunge at food they smell but that isn't even near them. Black worms in the gravel is super fun and I highly encourage that in every tank but certainly in tanks with slow eaters like ADF. I think brine shrimp die in freshwater after a while though. They also seem to like having friends so try to get a few ADF. Another tip is to be careful with decore. Sadly I had plastic decore in my sand tank and the ADF dug under it and drowned inside after trapping itself. Try to keep them in shorter tanks because they will appreciate a quick trip up for air. They like tank mates but remember their slow eating practice. Kuhli loaches and nano fish are great tank mates. They are super fun and I really love mine.