Surprise White Cloud Fry

Brenden Mitchell

A week and a half ago I tried to medicate a 20 gallon long tank with gold white clouds and it stressed my fish very badly. I moved them to a different tank for a while until I sorted out the 20 long. I did a nearly 100% water change, then left it alone. I have barely paid attention to it. Today I watched it for a long time and noticed 5 white cloud fry swimming in there. I was super excited and didn't expect that at all. :classic_biggrin:

IMG_1915.png.006165a211899bd819c4d93625570aa7.png

They seem to be eating the tiny organisms, I can see them lunging at things and sucking specks out of the water. I'm going to get them some Hikari First Bites, just so I know they're eating and get a good chance to live. I tried crumbling up some flake food, but they didn't seem to want it.

Anyway, even if they don't survive it's awesome to have them. They are super cute!

These are my first fish ever, aside from some neon tetras when I was a child, so this is a really cool experience for me. 

IMG_1911.png.6c0886fb14705488dfe5dbcf6b961148.png

The 20 long:

IMG_1919.png.cd0c674ddfd7dbde7c07939ca975162a.png

Edited by Brenden Mitchell
spelling
  • Like 2

I would move them to a smaller tank if I could, but I don't have any more setup right now. I think they're doing fine eating on their own. That tank is full of microorganisms and algae. Instead of stressing about swapping tanks and all of that, I'll try to feed them in the 20 gallon. If they get bigger, I'll probably switch the adult white clouds into the 20 long, and put the fry into the 10 gallon to raise them up. 

These are the adults in the 10 gallon:
image.png.9ae42f82739ca6bb94efa8cec4b0faaa.png

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 4:42 PM, Brenden Mitchell said:

I would move them to a smaller tank if I could, but I don't have any more setup right now. I think they're doing fine eating on their own. That tank is full of microorganisms and algae. Instead of stressing about swapping tanks and all of that, I'll try to feed them in the 20 gallon. If they get bigger, I'll probably switch the adult white clouds into the 20 long, and put the fry into the 10 gallon to raise them up. 

These are the adults in the 10 gallon:
image.png.9ae42f82739ca6bb94efa8cec4b0faaa.png

Sounds good 👌, but trying to catch fry is a friend to know one!

@PineSong They seem to be doing well, they've visibly grown in a short amount of time. I lost 1 of the 5. I watched it start flipping upside down then back upright. It did that for a while and then it stopped moving and sank to the bottom of the tank. It was a little traumatic to watch. :classic_mellow:

They are very attracted to the light, which I figured out is the best way to feed them! I just turn off the lights and use a flashlight and they will come to it and I can drop the Hikari First Bites right on top of them.