I can't tell if this is Ich, coloration, or something else

fishbish25

https://imgur.com/a/2j0e7y0

I've never looked as closely at my leopard danio as I did last Thursday so I have no idea if these are new. I saw these white spots on it's tail and I think they are on its pectoral fins. Out of the 16-18 fish in my tank, the only ones who have these white spots are my two blue leopard danios (one has more than the other). The Friday after I noticed these spots, nothing changed, they didn't get any worse or any better. I increased the temp to 81.7-82(I'm not sure if I can go up anymore because I have bolivian rams, corys), started Ich-x, and gravel vacuum everyday. The spots are still the same. Do you think I'm dealing with Ich?

It's difficult to tell of your video  whether it ich it could be Epistylis   if it's Epistylis you want to treat with kanaplex in food as it feed's off the gram negative bacteria on your fish and spreads at higher temperatures he's how you tell the two apart 

IMG_20220816_195442.jpg

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 12:48 AM, fishbish25 said:

@Colu The Danio is not eating. I'm on day 5 of ich-x with no change. Assuming it has epistylis, should I stop the ich-x, do a water change, and use Kanaplex in the water tonight? i also have paraguard

If the spots haven't gotten any worse if he's not excepting food then I would do a water change and do a course of kanaplex if you don't have live plants I would also add some aquarium salt 1 table for 3 gallons as well just remember to only put back in the amount of salt you take out so if you do a 3 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in 

On 10/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, fishbish25 said:

@Colu, I did a round of kanaplex and the white dots are still there. Now my angelfish and bolivian ram have them. The white dots are white, almost translucent on the angelfish and only on the fins. None of the dots are raised. What do you think I should do?

updated visuals:

https://imgur.com/a/bKQzv6h

As the spots are flat and not raised it's more than likely ich  I would start treating with ick x and add some aquarium salt 1 table for 3 gallons as well as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt will add back in  essential electrolytes 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:41 AM, fishbish25 said:

@colu, is aquarium salt ok for Cory’s and a bristlenose pleco? I’ve read varying opinions.

I have used 1 table spoon for 3 gallons with my bristlenose pleco and not had a problem if your worried about your Cory's what you could do is start  at 1 table for 5 gallons then gradually increase it over a couple of days 

Edited by Colu