Nermy Pokemon Fans?

AnimalNerd98

Hey Nerms! Are there any Pokemon fans amongst you? If there are, here are some questions:

1) Current or Past fan?

2) How do/did you consume Pokemon media? (watching the TV series, collecting Pokemon cards, playing the main series games, Pokemon Go, Pokemon Showdown)

3) Because we're on an Aquarium forum, what's your favorite water type Pokemon?

On 9/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Only Pokémon Go. Still playing but casually.

Vague memories of the cartoon series and card collection but I wasn't into that stuff.

Magikarp

Nice! I intermittently play Pokemon Go, haha! I download during the school year, but I stop in summer because there's no one on campus. 

I collected cards, but I never actually learned how to play. 

Nice! My favorite is Greninja 🙂

1. I guess I would qualify as a past fan. I’ve only vaguely kept up with the new stuff.
  2. I got SO into Pokémon in 5th grade along with my two younger brothers. That was when it first hit the states—the cards, the TV show, all back in Gen 1. We played the game boy games (I had Blue, the next brother had Red, and the youngest brother had Yellow). We collected cards and played the game against each other, and I got up at 6am to watch the show before school. I also spent most of my free time drawing Pokémon and imagining I was in the Pokémon world. I was definitely obsessed. 😄 
  3. I know this doesn’t really count, but dragonair lives in the water, so I feel like I can claim it as my favorite water Pokémon. 😁
  • Like 2

1) Current or Past fan?

Past and current, I guess.

2) How do/did you consume Pokemon media? (watching the TV series, collecting Pokemon cards, playing the main series games, Pokemon Go, Pokemon Showdown)

I don't watch any of the stuff anymore, but when I was a kid we'd watch it before school and my kids watch some of it now.  My kids like the cards, but they don't play the game proper, just their version of it.  Played a lot of Red and Blue on game boy and then as an adult bought an old game boy color and yellow.  Now I have an emulator on my cell phone and will go back and replay either yellow or gold once every year or two.  I really enjoy those games.  Have played the card game electronically as an adult with the kids, but don't find it challenging enough to make me want to play it.

3) Because we're on an Aquarium forum, what's your favorite water type Pokemon?

Gyrados, runner up Lapras.

Here's my shiny red gyrados from my current gold playthrough, so I haven't played it in a year. 🙂

image.jpeg.ae7e6ab68952a1f87aec1aa72f6d1e3a.jpeg

• Love 2