Java Moss and Attachment

Hey, I’ve ordered Java moss before, took off of the strip lath it came on and glued on to drift wood. Minimal issue.

The attempt I’m thinking of next and wanted opinions, has anyone left the moss on the strip lath and attached the lath with moss directly to a new substrate? I want to get a stone and attach the moss to…being the lath is mailable it shouldn’t be an issue? Any thoughts?

If your fortunate enough to be able to grow moss well, I don’t think it will be a problem at all. It’s definately one of the more resilient plants hence it being used in aquascapes and different applications worldwide. I wouldn’t think it would be an issue, I have never done it that way before that I can remember but I’ve seen people do amazing things with moss with a little creative thinking…

• Thanks 1

Moss is super versatile and this would absolutely work- my one word of caution is that unless you inject CO2 and have robust moss growth, it will take a long time for the moss to grow in a way that entirely covers the material it is attached to- any time I have tried leaving my moss on the metal mesh it comes attached to, the mesh remains visible for a long time and the moss does not always look natural. 

I honestly prefer using some black or green thread to loosely tie the moss around stones and other smaller objects as I find it easiest. 

• Thanks 1