Hello again!

Simply Fin

Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly last week. I was so excited to get started with my planted aquarium journey. I reside in northern Idaho and look forward to meeting more aquarists who enjoy their hobby. I'm learning more through helpful suggestions here in the forum. Thank you for your support and warm welcome. 

I purchased and received just this Wednesday 1 Anubias Nana, 1 Anubias Nana Petite and a Water Sprite. Have them in quarantine now after alum dip. They are pretty tough.  Have plant light on them and we will see what happens. So far, the ammonia level is good. I've become a helicopter mom...aaah. Stay in the swim and have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend everyone.

PS Yes, I'm using Easy Green too.  🐠🐠

Edited by Simply Fin
additional information, spelling correction.
  • Like 2

Welcome! Beautiful area where you are. Good luck with your plants. Of all the plants I've now tried over the last year, the water sprite is the only one that doesn't seem to like my parameters for some reason. It is a really versatile plant though as it does well floated as well as planted and make great hiding places for fry/shrimplets, etc. 

Just finished my side-by-side tanks recently so I get to enjoy them all weekend 🙂 Have a good one!

• Like 2

Thank you Jawjagrrl! Side by side tanks, wonderful. Do you have pictures of them posted? I will have just a 5-gallon tank. After my plants get settled into the aquarium and it cycles then hopefully, I will get Phoenix Rasboras. What type of fish and what size tanks do you have? You will have a good one watching your tanks, awesome. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, Simply Fin said:

Thank you Jawjagrrl! Side by side tanks, wonderful. Do you have pictures of them posted? I will have just a 5-gallon tank. After my plants get settled into the aquarium and it cycles then hopefully, I will get Phoenix Rasboras. What type of fish and what size tanks do you have? You will have a good one watching your tanks, awesome. 

There is a link to my journal about the 75s in my signature, which is running a few weeks behind my actual progress. 

I also have 2 55s, three 5s, a 2.5, a 3gal and a 1.75gal. No tech jar. Keeping several types of tetras in the big tanks, cories, plecos, geophagus, angelfish in those also. I started back up a year ago this week with a 5 gal portrait with a plakat betta and chili rasboras that are still with me. Other nano setups have endlers, dwarf crayfish, shrimp, rocket killies, Kubota green rasboras and a dwarf anchor catfish. Also enjoying new panda Garry's with roseline sharks and dwarf chain loaches. Never a dull moment  😄

the nano tanks are fun in a totally different ways and I enjoy the challenges of each. Hope to see your tank soon!