Introducing Myself

Abby W

Hello!

A few months ago I acquired a 29 gallon tank setup along with a couple of fish for free. Since then, I have been doing a ton of research about fish keeping and I have learned so much. I have memories from my childhood of our family keeping a few goldfish, guppies, and a pleco in what must have been a 2.5 gallon (or less) tank. Yikes! I am so glad that I found Cory's videos and did more research before I tried out guppies again. I loved watching and naming all the colorful guppies as a kid and I've wanted to get back into them as an adult, so I finally took the leap and I am expecting fry soon! I currently have a 10 gallon planted tank for my guppies and a few shrimp, as well as the 29 gallon. I have quite a few questions, so I'm excited to get some constructive feedback on this forum.

• Like 2

In my opinion the 29gal is one of the best aquariums to have! Big enough for a nice school of smaller-nano fish and a couple larger ones like gouramis, rams, etc. Water changes aren't too bad on a 29gal either, I use my 3gal bucket for my 9gal aquarium when doing maintenance. Good luck with your new set up!

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:41 AM, Anjum said:

Hi Abby, welcome! Did the guppies come with the 29gal, or another fish? 29g is a great size, I love mine! Looking forward to seeing the guppy babies! Post pics of the parents if you have a chance ☺️

Thanks! No, unfortunately the fish that came with the 29 gallon were an albino rainbow shark and a common pleco, which both need a bigger tank. I've been trying to rehome them, but that's been difficult. But when I do find new homes for them I'll be excited to put my guppies in there and maybe add a gourami or something. Here's one of the pregnant females in the 10 gallon.

20220829_131655.jpg.83c5258be819a022bd6555f483b4e024.jpg

• Like 1