Happy, maturing tank

Parakeett

I am beyond in love watching this tank develop. 
It started on a coffee table at the beginning of April that I realized wasn’t going to cut it. Within two weeks, I’d built and stained my very first custom stand to sit at the perfect height to appreciate from my couch or sitting on the floor in front of it (20 inches high instead of 30).
In May, I fiddled with an easier to maintain hard scape, started adding houseplants directly in for emersed / hydroponic-type growth, and more aquarium plants. A little fiddling with the stocking as my Gold Barbs here grew and found a home in a larger tank in July. Now things are really growing in and getting adjusted to made this tank a central focus of my living room 🤗

86577B4F-9BA3-46D1-A990-8BE65E74B55F.jpeg.6937737028efca55d83481fa515e73be.jpeg

This tank is home to 11 harlequin rasboras, a sunset gourami, and this hunk of a long fin bristlenose that I’m excited to see age. Plus a hill stream loach that I have been trying to snag several times a day for a few weeks that refuses to leave for his new spot and I refuse to move any decor to get him.

I know in my soul adding CPDs is probably the wrong move, but man would I love to see them here too.

5AF8FF1F-3658-42ED-A596-C818CD2597A3.jpeg.4668ad1fb71138ba7cd247f00ba82816.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:22 AM, Parakeett said:

I am beyond in love watching this tank develop. 
It started on a coffee table at the beginning of April that I realized wasn’t going to cut it. Within two weeks, I’d built and stained my very first custom stand to sit at the perfect height to appreciate from my couch or sitting on the floor in front of it (20 inches high instead of 30).
In May, I fiddled with an easier to maintain hard scape, started adding houseplants directly in for emersed / hydroponic-type growth, and more aquarium plants. A little fiddling with the stocking as my Gold Barbs here grew and found a home in a larger tank in July. Now things are really growing in and getting adjusted to made this tank a central focus of my living room 🤗

86577B4F-9BA3-46D1-A990-8BE65E74B55F.jpeg.6937737028efca55d83481fa515e73be.jpeg

This tank is home to 11 harlequin rasboras, a sunset gourami, and this hunk of a long fin bristlenose that I’m excited to see age. Plus a hill stream loach that I have been trying to snag several times a day for a few weeks that refuses to leave for his new spot and I refuse to move any decor to get him.

I know in my soul adding CPDs is probably the wrong move, but man would I love to see them here too.

5AF8FF1F-3658-42ED-A596-C818CD2597A3.jpeg.4668ad1fb71138ba7cd247f00ba82816.jpeg

You can really see how the tanks progressed over only 3 months. I also like the fact that some natural light is coming in from outside. Keep it up!