Dwarf hair grass

On 8/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, AnotherHumanPerson said:

You use ferts? 

Yes aquarium coop easy green

On 8/18/2022 at 8:39 AM, Cawafuoshi said:

Nice work! Could you share which light and if CO2 was used? I am not good at guessing substrates, but is it Stratum? And perhaps, who is the supplier of your grass? Thanks a bunch!

Just a cheap Amazon aquaneat led light no C02. Yea its fluval stratum

🤣😂 it’s actually the little tissue culture bags they sell at petsmart. 

• Love 1

Yes, the tissue culture from Pet and companies can be great. I rely on Nicrew SkyLED+ on my 20L which is cheap, adjustable, and does not forget its setting after a power outage. I have Stratum myself in a 10G but failed to achieve what you did probably due to light. I am going to check out your light.

Edited by Cawafuoshi

I have pea gravel in my 75-gallon tank, and I use root tabs and easy green. Everything BUT hair grass grows in there. I know I should get stratum if I want a carpet, but I REFUSE to spend that much on substrate. I only use pea gravel and play sand for $5 per 50lb bag in all of my aquariums. Has anybody grown a nice carpet without having to sell organs to buy "plant substrate"?

On 8/18/2022 at 10:11 AM, Cawafuoshi said:

Yes, the tissue culture from Pet and companies can be great. I rely on Nicrew SkyLED+ on my 20L which is cheap, adjustable, and does not forget its setting after a power outage. I have Stratum myself in a 10G but failed to achieve what you did probably due to light. I am going to check out your light.

Could be my timer is set to run about 13 hours a day on my light which I think is a long time but it produces good plant growth in the tank and no algae at all. 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, SimmonsSnailsNScales said:

I have pea gravel in my 75-gallon tank, and I use root tabs and easy green. Everything BUT hair grass grows in there. I know I should get stratum if I want a carpet, but I REFUSE to spend that much on substrate. I only use pea gravel and play sand for $5 per 50lb bag in all of my aquariums. Has anybody grown a nice carpet without having to sell organs to buy "plant substrate"?

You could try to do the media bags in the tank with planted substrate like MD fish tanks does I did it in my wife’s 54 bow front. Did the whole tank with one bag. 

• Thanks 1

Yea could try that. I fert. once a week but the tank is stocked a bit on the heavy side so the combo of good lights and nutrients just makes it flourish. 

Currently is has 20 neon tetras, 6 bronze corydoras a blue eye lemon pleco and a ruby tetra that ended up in the bag of neons lol.