Any advice on breeding Amanos?

TheSwissAquarist

From what I understand, it can be as easy as this, but this may not be the best way.

When your shrimp is berried (is holding eggs), isolate here in a breeding box. When she has dropped the eggs, remove her. Then "I think it is" 3 days later move the breeding box with eggs to a seawater or very saline brakish tank. Wait for the shrimp to hatch and become free swimming. Then you can move the breeding box back to a freshwater growout aquarium (along with baby shrimp), and release them. When they are big enough to not get eaten, move the individuals to the freshwater tank you desire.

• Like 1

This thread has some great sources. 

I am actually trying it out now as well. However, the first batch of Zoe did not make it so I need to tweak the salinity. Waiting for my new refractometer to come in. 

Advice: 1) Buy your phytoplankton now. I think they sell LiquiZell in Europe, but I am not sure which countries carry it specifically. 

2) Net out the berried female and keep an eye on her. 

3) Prep your grow out tank and get the right salinity. Some people use 18 ppt or up to 34 ppt. I went on the higher side and none of my Zoe made it. 

• Like 1