Dragon Puffer with some kind of infection?

CJs Aquatics

Hello all, bear with me here I’m not the best with tech. Recently I acquired a bucket list fish of mine the humpback dragon puffer “Jabba.” The only thing I can get him to eat is snails. He’s been doing well in his tank, however I noticed the other day he developed some white spots on his back. They appeared a bit fuzzy. Tank parameters seemed ok to me. I should preface this by saying this was after I introduced some small fish fillet pieces to see if he would eat something else, about 24 hrs after. The filet pieces were removed the next day as they started to fuzz, and then I noticed the illness on him which looked similar, he still seems otherwise healthy. I don’t know if it’s related. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be/ what to treat it with or do about it, my current plan is to monitor and water change daily, adding meds only if necessary. I will try to attach a picture, idk if it will post, I’m not sure how that’s done I’m on an iPhone if anyone wants to walk me through that as well, but I will try. Thanks for any ideas… 

-CJCEE7A3F5-DAE5-4FC6-8867-16F4A8D23062.jpeg.42cf904c38bef679979994532f944d2f.jpeg

Possible Epistylis  the most effective treatment is kanaplex in food as it feed's off gram negative bacteria on your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures if your fish isn't eating i would treat the tank 

IMG_20220714_201326.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the response, I’m willing to research something like this however my issue is probably gonna be that literally the only thing Jabba will eat as of this far is live snails. Can kanaplex be gut loaded into live snails or would it be better to possibly just try to create an artificial snail with the medication and repashy and oyster shells or something like that? Or just treat the whole display?

On 8/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Thank you for the response, I’m willing to research something like this however my issue is probably gonna be that literally the only thing Jabba will eat as of this far is live snails. Can kanaplex be gut loaded into live snails or would it be better to possibly just try to create an artificial snail with the medication and repashy and oyster shells or something like that? Or just treat the whole display?

I don't think gut loading snail would work you can try the repashy if he doesn't except it I would dose the tank

• Thanks 1

Thanks again so much, I think I’m gonna purchase some kanaplex per your suggestion and dose the tank bc he doesn’t eat anything that’s not live so far. He is otherwise healthy, good appetite, active, doesn’t seem bothered but he clearly has something, I just hope it doesn’t do more harm then good, I was considering doing daily water changes and seeing if he beat it naturally but I also don’t want it to get worse and have to see him ever get uncomfortable. @Colu I appreciate your knowledge and responses