My Quarantine Setup

I took (most) of the advice given and set up a, dedicated, 5.5 gallon quarantine tank. It's barebones with a Hygger sponge filter, one fake plant (because I had it...), and some rock substrate from my main tank to help with cycling.

Currently acclimating a new Lemon Pleco to replace the one that died. I returned (surrendered... I didn't get a refund or anything) the Chinese Algae Eater who would have become fairly problematic in my tank.

I gave the pleco 1/4 of an algae tab for now. How much should I give him per day in quarantine?

IMG20220810180305.jpg

IMG20220810180320.jpg

IMG20220811171237.jpg

IMG20220811171456.jpg

• Like 1

See how he does generally feeding is a little lighter in quarantine because the tanks aren't cycled but given your clever placement water changes are going to be pretty easy.

If you aren't doing any medication I just feed and watch the is nothing in that tank for him to eat so some food daily is probably best just because he eats what you give

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 12:56 AM, Flumpweesel said:

See how he does generally feeding is a little lighter in quarantine because the tanks aren't cycled but given your clever placement water changes are going to be pretty easy.

If you aren't doing any medication I just feed and watch the is nothing in that tank for him to eat so some food daily is probably best just because he eats what you give

Thanks. Yeah, not medicating. I put 1/4 a algae tab in the tank when I put him in.