Is there a solution?- found it

Cinnebuns

Tested my tap and the ph drop was because my tap ph dropped. I ain't mad cause 7.6 is pretty much ideal. 

The issues was my nitrates were much higher than I thought. The API test gets pretty inaccurate above 40 I've found. All the reds look the same. It took me 3 water changes to get it to start to look dark orange so I figure it originally was pretty high. 

On 8/7/2022 at 9:43 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Tested my tap and the ph drop was because my tap ph dropped. I ain't mad cause 7.6 is pretty much ideal. 

The issues was my nitrates were much higher than I thought. The API test gets pretty inaccurate above 40 I've found. All the reds look the same. It took me 3 water changes to get it to start to look dark orange so I figure it originally was pretty high. 

Ya know I never know which orange matches the card on that darn API nitrate test kit. I just take my best guess of the reading based on how it looks. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ya know I never know which orange matches the card on that darn API nitrate test kit. I just take my best guess of the reading based on how it looks. 

Yeah I was kinda confused top because my high bottomed out and my low topped out and neither are ever entirely accurate so I'm just placing it around 7.6. That's better for most species than 8.2 so I'm happy. Also it's still high for keeping those snail shells healthy. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:59 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Yeah I was kinda confused top because my high bottomed out and my low topped out and neither are ever entirely accurate so I'm just placing it around 7.6. That's better for most species than 8.2 so I'm happy. Also it's still high for keeping those snail shells healthy. 

Oh I was talking about nitrates