Peacock Goby Foods

Brandxn

Just bought some Peacock Gobies and I know they’re picky eaters so I got some blood worms for them and the other fish in the tank. Problem is the worms are a bit larger than I thought and the fish are having a hard time eating them and being able to swallow them. What other foods would be better/smaller for them. If possible I’d like to start getting away from flake because frozen foods are better, correct me if I’m wrong. Would brine shrimp or daphnia be better? Thanks again

I did live baby brine shrimp for mine when smaller. Once larger I haven’t had any issue with them taking anything with a slow introduction. I would feed out baby brine and mix in pellets or flake food. 
I’ve fed mine frozen mysis shrimp, frozen blood worms (you can chop them into bite size pieces) and frozen daphnia. For “shelf stable” foods I feed krill flake, nano pellets, repashy, nori and bottom wafers to the tank they are in and I’ve seen them eat/nibble just about all of it. The more carnivore style foods are their favorites but they do nibble the other things floating around on occasion. 

Honestly, live foods aren’t the end all/be all. I hatch baby brine shrimp almost everyday and feed it out as a main food but I still mix in other things. I find it imperative that my tanks are willing to eat shelf stable foods as I plan on going on vacation, I might get sick, etc and it is far easier to put shelf stable foods in an auto feeder then to get a friend to touch frozen worms or live baby brine shrimp (and do it correctly). As an overall premise, my opinion would be to get as many fish in your care as you can to be willing to accept a shelf stable food (even if it’s not your main food or their favorite). Shelf stable foods have come a long way, if we were having the conversation 5-10 years ago about the standard flake available at a big box store - 100% live foods would be superior - but shelf stable foods have come so far in recent years - that a good quality, freshly opened jar is pretty good nowadays. 

Gudgeons (Elotrids) in general are pigs. They’ll eat practically anything, and for some of them, your finger will be tasted. They, like most fish prefer live foods compared to pellets. 

I have found that my trio adores Whiteworms the most. Peacocks can be a bit finicky when they are younger. As juveniles i’ve found that daphnia and BBS is great. As babies just out or still in the cave, the best way to feed them is to chuck them in a greenwater tank filled with all tons of good micro fish foods.