Bumps on Anubias Nana

Hi everyone!

We bought a larger Anubias from PetSmart and admittedly had it sitting around for a couple of weeks before I had the chance to take it out of the container it comes in. 

We removed it from the gel and packaging (it’s currently submerged in water by itself) and I noticed these brown bumps around the bottom. There were a couple higher up on the stems but I cut the leaf off. 

Does anyone know if these are just root nodes? Thanks, all!

8FABE9F0-90DC-4020-A4EB-1905EC564E8A.jpeg

Edited by Stephanie K
Photos didn’t upload

On 7/31/2022 at 1:30 PM, Stephanie K said:

Hi everyone!

We bought a larger Anubias from PetSmart and admittedly had it sitting around for a couple of weeks before I had the chance to take it out of the container it comes in. 

We removed it from the gel and packaging (it’s currently submerged in water by itself) and I noticed these brown bumps around the bottom. There were a couple higher up on the stems but I cut the leaf off. 

Does anyone know if these are just root nodes? Thanks, all!

8FABE9F0-90DC-4020-A4EB-1905EC564E8A.jpeg

The rhizome looks really healthy but if it was buried in the packaging there’s a chance it could be the start of rhizome rot. It may be just nutrient deficiencies if it wasn’t properly taken care of for those couple weeks. Or it could be nothing. My anubias has light brown spots on its rhizome and it’s not really an issue 

• Like 2

@Zac thanks for your input! I’ve had it by itself for about a week and it still looks the same. Hopefully it’s nothing. 

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea I don’t think it could be snails. The packaging on the Top Fin plants from PetSmart says “snail free.” They look more like root nodes on house plants?

@lefty o thanks for the advice. I’ll rinse it a bit better again and keep an eye on it. 🤞🏼

• Like 1