Pogostemon something octopus things

The piece on the bottom is about the size of the original piece I originally got. Man this stuff grows fast. I think I threw more in another tank too. 20220719_114738.jpg.4ceecc8f670c4485ab2e5d094b7a7d59.jpg

Funny enough, I got it as a "mystery bonus plant" from someone I ordered on ebay. The plant I actually got died but I'm super happy with this one haha

• Like 3

Yep... this one is a weeeeeeeeeeeed badly if it's got a tank it can thrive in.  try to trim it, keep it from blocking the light out.  Keep an eye on other plants too, the PSO shoots off so well that other plants might start showing some deficiencies.  Just something to note in case you need to uptake on dosing.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Yep... this one is a weeeeeeeeeeeed badly if it's got a tank it can thrive in.  try to trim it, keep it from blocking the light out.  Keep an eye on other plants too, the PSO shoots off so well that other plants might start showing some deficiencies.  Just something to note in case you need to uptake on dosing.

I also noticed a dramatic decrease in nitrates since it entered the tank even when it was small. I'm kinda in love lol. I may have accidentally found the plant I've been searching for by buying a plant that I failed lol

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I also noticed a dramatic decrease in nitrates since it entered the tank even when it was small. I'm kinda in love lol. I may have accidentally found the plant I've been searching for by buying a plant that I failed lol

For sure.  It also works as a floating plant, because of the way the leaves are.  I would encourage you to check out other species that might be "easier" to handle but considered less common.  Smaller leaves, different shapes, but still a variety of pogostemon.

It's a fun one.