How many Honey Gouramis?

macdaddy36

I think one male and one female would be ideal! The males don’t bother the females tooo much. As long as there are some hiding spots where she can zip away if he gets too excited, a pair will do just fine. Unlike guppies where the males go to the female to try to fertilize her eggs, with honeys the male has to get the female to come to his nest. So even if a male starts out aggressive, he should eventually realize his methods aren’t working. 🙃

If you get two females, the females may spar a bit, and the dominant female may end up trying to chase the other female away. From what I’ve heard and observed, a pair is more peaceful than a threesome when it comes to honeys.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, Hobbit said:

I think one male and one female would be ideal! The males don’t bother the females tooo much. As long as there are some hiding spots where she can zip away if he gets too excited, a pair will do just fine. Unlike guppies where the males go to the female to try to fertilize her eggs, with honeys the male has to get the female to come to his nest. So even if a male starts out aggressive, he should eventually realize his methods aren’t working. 🙃

If you get two females, the females may spar a bit, and the dominant female may end up trying to chase the other female away. From what I’ve heard and observed, a pair is more peaceful than a threesome when it comes to honeys.

Yeah, this kind of confirms what I already thought.

Thanks!

• Like 1