Hello from Winter Garden FL

Marcia

Hi,

I've been in the hobby since 2020, started during the pandemic. My favorite fish are guppies. I also have mollies, swordtails, corydoras and a  hillstream loach. Here is a picture of my 45-gallon aquarium.  I love planted aquariums. Currently, I have a low-tech planted aquarium, but I'm hoping to go hi-tech in the near future. All of my plants are from Aquarium Co OP. ft.jpg.a695d1fa1de3ad2bead883ffcd1e9fa2.jpg

• Like 4

Great looking tank Marcia! Just curious, what was the cause of getting your first aquarium back in 2020 and why did you choose the fish you chose? If you listen to the Aquarist Podcast at all by @Randy, my favorite part of any episode he does with a new guest is their origin story, and how they got into the aquarium hobby.

Welcome! I started keeping fish at the same time as you, and I went low tech at first and added co2 but a low amount and still kept lower lighting, I recommend this because high tech tanks can go unstable if it’s not perfectly balanced and you only need that little bit of co2 to make your plants grow faster, I personally think a lot of people are putting much more co2 into their tanks than they need. 

Good Luck!