Feeding Station/Tube

Jeremy

Has anyone used a feeding station (much like a shrimp feeder with the tube) for livebearers or community tank?  I would like to keep the food in a central location for quick clean up.  Any other thoughts on things that would work while not just throwing food in the tank.  

shrimp.jpg

I use a turkey baster to feed my bottom dwellers (back on topic for a sec, this lets me place the food right where I want it). In a tank that I keep Keyholes, the Keyholes are "active feeders." Any time that turkey baster hits the water, the gang is beaking at it until I squeeze the bulb. The sadist in me is looking at that feeding station and imagining my little cichlids losing their dang minds watching their dinner slowly sink down that tube. This might be a good idea on those days when the gang is pulling my plants up and I feel like I need a little payback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have these tubes in shrimp only tanks, but have removed them in tanks with fish. I've had issues with fish swimming in the tubes and freaking out. They always end up taking the food out of the dish and playing soccer with it all across the tank anyways. Great for shrimp tanks though.