Looking for betta breeder in US

Lauren A

Hi!

I’m not breeding bettas so I hope it’s ok to post in this section.

I am on the hunt for a betta fish (plakat or VT) from a U.S. breeder. I know there are plenty of online articles on reputable breeders, but since I find the forum the best place to find information, I want to reach out.

I would like to find an excellent breeder that will be willing to provide me with answers to questions and honest information. These questions will relate to their behavior and health. Cost is not an issue. I’d like to know others on the forum have had healthy vibrant bettas with great personalities, of course, specifically from the breeder. Bettas without genetic issues.

Like I mentioned in the beginning, U.S. bred is a must since locally I can find bettas sent from abroad. I’m trying to avoid this. I have a gorgeous 10 gallon cycled 3/4 planted tank, soft acidic water and am a firm believer that tannins are a must. I am also delving into culturing live food very soon, but right now use high quality frozen foods and pellets. The betta will live with a school/schoal of 10 Microdevario Kubotai that are already happily living in the tank.

I provide tip top care and absolutely love these beautiful fish. Thank you for your help! I live in Massachusetts and would be willing to travel to bordering states as well, especially RI, if breeders are very local. Or shipped is fine as well.

Take care,

Lauren

Edited by Lauren A

Hi there Lauren, 

I feel like this discussion should be in the "Fish Swap" section. But if it helps, I am a betta breeder that specializes in plakats. I breed only the healthiest of individuals and never line breed. I look for any disabilities and possible disorders but I have yet to find any. Right now I have Black/ blood red hybrid plakat females left from this last batch. The fish are trained on dry foods and they're semi aggressive but curious. I am located in Washington but can possibly ship. 

If you're looking for a breeder, I dont know how much I can say because it could potentially lead to competition with the co-op which is against the rules unfortunately. If its allowed, send me a PM and I can give some recommendations. Theres plenty of breeders all around the US, just gotta do a little research and check social media. 

Best of luck!

Edited by Keeg

On 6/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, Keeg said:

Hi there Lauren, 

I feel like this discussion should be in the "Fish Swap" section. But if it helps, I am a betta breeder that specializes in plakats. I breed only the healthiest of individuals and never line breed. I look for any disabilities and possible disorders but I have yet to find any. Right now I have Black/ blood red hybrid plakat females left from this last batch. The fish are trained on dry foods and they're semi aggressive but curious. I am located in Washington but can possibly ship. 

If you're looking for a breeder, I dont know how much I can say because it could potentially lead to competition with the co-op which is against the rules unfortunately. If its allowed, send me a PM and I can give some recommendations. Theres plenty of breeders all around the US, just gotta do a little research and check social media. 

Best of luck!

Hi!  Thank you so much for your reply!   My bad.  I should’ve checked those rules out before posting so let me just check on those and thank you for bringing this to  my attention!  😬 It would be great to get in touch.  

Edit: I meant to say check the rules out on contacting you or looking  for breeders in general on the forum.  !  Thx again!  

Edited by Lauren A
  • Like 1