tank setup

charl22

I am looking to buy a new set (tank, stand, canopy). I want a tank anywhere from 90-125gal. Unfortunately, the selection never changes at any lfs (at least not that i've seen so far), does anyone know of a chain store that would order a tank setup for you, or a place online that would be good to buy from?

let me know! thanks

• Administrators
On 6/22/2022 at 8:01 AM, charl22 said:

I am looking to buy a new set (tank, stand, canopy). I want a tank anywhere from 90-125gal. Unfortunately, the selection never changes at any lfs (at least not that i've seen so far), does anyone know of a chain store that would order a tank setup for you, or a place online that would be good to buy from?

let me know! thanks

It depends on your budget. The most economical route (for a brand new setup) would be to go through one of the large chain stores (like PetSmart or Petco). There are other options like Custom Aquariums if you are looking for a nicer piece of "furniture". With that being said, if you want to utilize your LFS, they most likely can order one for you (but will most likely cost more than the big chain stores).

Also, since you mentioned between 90 and 125 gallons, I would recommend the 125. Because of the larger footprint, you have much more options when it comes to fish, and it is unlikely that you will ever feel like you need a larger tank. If you get a 90, there is a chance that a year or two down the road, you may wish you had gotten the larger tank.

Good luck in your quest for a new tank!