New Cory cats

TeeJay

On 6/7/2022 at 3:55 PM, Theplatymaster said:

Paleatus, cool! For even more babies you could breed those too pretty easily!

Going to quarantine for 30 days then they will go iny 29 gal with my guppy's. Would the guppy's eat the Cory eggs?

On 6/7/2022 at 3:56 PM, Uttjrt3 said:

Going to quarantine for 30 days then they will go iny 29 gal with my guppy's. Would the guppy's eat the Cory eggs?

Guppies, and cories will eat the eggs, you will want to seperate them from the adults of the other fish (Not sure if guppies grow fast enough that you cant keep baby guppies with baby cories?)

On 6/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, Theplatymaster said:

Guppies, and cories will eat the eggs, you will want to seperate them from the adults of the other fish (Not sure if guppies grow fast enough that you cant keep baby guppies with baby cories?)

I would think by the time the guppy's would be big enough to eat them the Cory's would hopefully be to big to fit in there mouths. 

I breed panda cories side by side and this is what I've learned. Guppies will eat cory eggs if given the chance. A spawning mop and pulling eggs helps this. Most cory species will also eat their own eggs. 

When it comes to fry, you can raise them together but keep simular ages together. Pretty quickly guppies will eat newly hatched fry. I learned this the hard way. I wondered why my number were declining. Then, after putting in some new cory fry, I watched as the guppies quickly made a meal of it. I wouldn't put newly hatched cory fry in with any guppy nearing 1 month+.  

All that said, this is a.different species so there's a chance of a different experience. 

• Like 1

I bred albino Cory's and guppies in the same tank 

Ive seen it live where my Cory's ate the newly birthed guppies 

Another time I have to use an acupuncture needle to remove a Corey egg from a guppies mouth 

I'd say they have a peaceful but toxic relationship 😂😂

• Love 1