Is the Aquarium Coop App/Podcast going in the right direction?

Root

I really love the new Podcast that have been posted lately. They seem to be short and sweet, to the point and the Q&A seems to be sticking more to the topic whereas in the past it would kinda go every direction after the discussion. I know that is the purpose of Q&A and I am by no means being critical, but I wonder if these podcast would be more effective to the audience if the questions from the members were somehow tagged according to the topic and that only to be discussed? Could Cory and the crew poll the members, everyone vote for a topic and then submit questions according to that topic? Could there be a surprise free for all Q&A once a month for the ones who do enjoy that way? What are your thoughts? 

• Like 1

I personally like that idea a lot. I agree, I tend to have my mind wonder and not care as much once the questions start getting all over the place. If they stayed within the given topic I would get much more out of it and stay tuned more often.

It also makes sense to me to have an occasional time to allow random questions, but even then it sometimes turns into some of those questions would be better answered on the forums where there can be more follow through. I'm thinking about specific cases like "I have a fish acting weird, what is it?" and such. Cory is too nice sometimes and wants to help everyone!  Sometimes stuff like that is easier when you can get more of a back and forth going on though. 

Edit to add:  while eating my McDonald's breakfast I was thinking about this. There is a benefit to answering those types of questions on the stream. It can help people to know what questions they need to ask themselves to troubleshoot problems. I ran through my head how Cory may respond to the question I posed and his response can still be valuable. I imagine something like "I would ask you questions like..." and then the question list may help someone down the road who runs into a similar issue narrow down what's going on. 

I wanted to include both sides because I think they are both valid and have a place rather than editing it out. 

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Like 1