Ph drop

TeeJay

Just didn't some testing and found my pH has dropped to a 6 from it's usual 7. Did my weekly water change 3 days ago of about 40 to 50 percent. It has been set up for 5 months. Ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are about 20-25. I have hard water of about 12 and keep crushed coral in my hob that keeps my kh at a steady 3 which is where it's at now. Haven't added and new livestock only 5 new plants a few days ago. Any advice on what I can do?

Edited by Uttjrt3

On 6/1/2022 at 7:20 PM, Uttjrt3 said:

Just didn't some testing and found my pH has dropped to a 6 from it's usual 7. Did my weekly water change 3 days ago of about 40 to 50 percent. It has been set up for 5 months. Ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are about 20-25. I have hard water of about 12 and keep crushed coral in my hob that keeps my kh at a steady 3 which is where it's at now. Haven't added and new livestock only 5 new plants a few days ago. Any advice on what I can do?

It’s probably from the KH. Even with the coral you still have a really low KH. Maybe add more to the tank instead of only the filter. Try to get it up to 5 if you can 

I also have the flow set pretty low on my tidal 55 maybe turn that up a bit to help what's in the media bag to dissolve better? I just try to keep it down for my guppy's so they don't get blown around. Maybe put a pound or two in the substrate as well.

• Like 1