Ph 8.2

Gh/kh 350-400 ppm 

Nitrates 10 ppm

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0 

Temp 79 degrees 

10 gallon tank with live plants 

Tannins in water from driftwood

I'm not really sure what is going on. Louie ate his normal food yesterday in the morning. Then by the evening he was lounging on the plants. Nothing unusual there. I figure at some point this year he's going to be entering his old man betta phase.

This morning I noticed he was lethargic and bloated. He spent most of the day in the water sprite near the top of the tank. If he leaves the watersprite, he sits at the bottom. I tested the water parameters and everything is good. So I decided to fast him. Then I noticed part of his bloated belly is clear. 

He's not pineconing and has an appetite. As for swimming, everything seems to be okay right now. Louie is normally an active fish. 

The snail, peat snails, and Pygmy Cory are all healthy. Thoughts?

IMG_20220521_095023164_HDR.jpg.f0c2b53cdaafa325fe1ae2fc33c2a313.jpgIMG_20220521_101022536_HDR.jpg.27fcab1549407cfa4fe35939d375eedb.jpg

On 5/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, sairving said:

Ph 8.2

Gh/kh 350-400 ppm 

Nitrates 10 ppm

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0 

Temp 79 degrees 

10 gallon tank with live plants 

Tannins in water from driftwood

I'm not really sure what is going on. Louie ate his normal food yesterday in the morning. Then by the evening he was lounging on the plants. Nothing unusual there. I figure at some point this year he's going to be entering his old man betta phase.

This morning I noticed he was lethargic and bloated. He spent most of the day in the water sprite near the top of the tank. If he leaves the watersprite, he sits at the bottom. I tested the water parameters and everything is good. So I decided to fast him. Then I noticed part of his bloated belly is clear. 

He's not pineconing and has an appetite. As for swimming, everything seems to be okay right now. Louie is normally an active fish. 

The snail, peat snails, and Pygmy Cory are all healthy. Thoughts?

IMG_20220521_095023164_HDR.jpg.f0c2b53cdaafa325fe1ae2fc33c2a313.jpgIMG_20220521_101022536_HDR.jpg.27fcab1549407cfa4fe35939d375eedb.jpg

I would try treating with antibiotics just in case. You can try feeding him peeled peas in case he is constipated

On 5/21/2022 at 8:01 PM, Zac said:

I would try treating with antibiotics just in case. You can try feeding him peeled peas in case he is constipated

He did poop today but is still bloated. It's very weird. I was thinking of setting up a hospital tank and adding some aquarium salt. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:13 PM, sairving said:

He did poop today but is still bloated. It's very weird. I was thinking of setting up a hospital tank and adding some aquarium salt. 

Yeah you can try salt first. Or if you want you can hit it with salt and antibiotics. That’s what I would do personally. If his poop was normal color I’d say it’s probably not parasitic