Best grow lights

Zac

I only use hygger the cheap version from Amazon I have 9 of them now. I love them. My plants do great in all.  The 29 is my deepest. At the very bottom of the tank it’s a touch weak for more than ferns and anubias but I added a second light. My 40 breeder does great at the bottom but the width and shading from the lid hinge I added a second to fix because anything stronger would have grown algae on the ones that reach floor to surface. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Guppysnail said:

I only use hygger the cheap version from Amazon I have 9 of them now. I love them. My plants do great in all.  The 29 is my deepest. At the very bottom of the tank it’s a touch weak for more than ferns and anubias but I added a second light. My 40 breeder does great at the bottom but the width and shading from the lid hinge I added a second to fix because anything stronger would have grown algae on the ones that reach floor to surface. 

Does it matter which specific hygger it is? Maybe my plant had a different issue. It had very dull green leaves but not quite yellow and it was wilted 

Maybe a deficiency? I ordered a different hygger light that was way fancier with more than just red white blue light bulbs. I can’t use blue my tanks grow hair algae in days from it and I could not turn the blue off in that one so I sent it back and got another cheapo. 

• Thanks 1