plant score

CT_

I was going to my local big box store and right next door is the local big box pet store so i thought i'd stop by and look for anything interesting.  On my way out I saw "grab and go plants" with the betas.  They're usually a 3 leaf anubias petite in some rock wool in a 1" ceramic pot, or glued to a tiny piece of wood.  very unimpressive and not work 9.99.  But i spotted one that was a cup jam packed with leaves.  upon closer inspection it was a buce on stainless steel mesh.  There's 2-3 "pots" worth of buce here for 9.99.   They also had another one with big leaves but I don't like that buce species so i left it.  I'm assuming its var. "green wavy" just because thats the common buce and it looks like it.  I also have no idea what I'm going to do with it.  but for ten bucks I had to grab it.  I wanted to put some buce into my shrimp tank but I feel bad cutting up such a glorious mat of the stuff...  Anyone have thoughts on what I should do with this?

PXL_20220329_171436290_MP.jpg.2798e03fb3b12ca743383d9b426b305f.jpg

• Like 2

hmm yes.  I think I'll probably bite the bullet and break up this glorious mat.  How much growth do you have on that one right now (vs how much it started with)?

Its a bit ironic though.  I just bought a bunch of anubias petite to serve the same purpose.  I love both plants though so its going to be more plant than rock soon.  I should have bought cheaper rock 😛

Edited by CT_

That is just three little stems that came in a pot of about six. It has at least doubled in size since I got them. They were pretty much freeze dried from shipping but I wanted to nurse them back to health. So far so good. I've had them for two months now and don't regret the stupid high price I payed, especially compared to your good deal.

• Like 1