Amano shrimp

Aqua junky

Hey all Ive got a question for all my fishtastical friends.  I have an extremely heavily planted fluval flex 32g its literally a jungle.  I purposely did this for a specific Shrimp known as the caridina species all Taiwan bee's.  I also have 15 or 20 amano shrimp.  Ive literally put about 100 to 150 CBS and CRS in the aquarium. Also I have 2 king tiger plecos.    My water has always been spot on with weekly 8% water change (5g) Anyhow I've noticed over the past 3 months my Taiwan bees are disappearing and im not seeing any dead bodys anywhere.  My question is has anyone ever had amanos eat other shrimp?  They are set on an auto feeder thats a mixture of Bacteria AE, Shrimp fit and Regular crustacean foods.  Not sure whats happened but I cant find any of them.

Resized952021101095193148.jpg

I have never seen amano shrimp eat other shrimp, but the very well could if the y were dead scavenge on the body. Have you checked the filter compartment of the tank? I have heard a lot of people say that they have found a bunch of shrimp in the filter compartment when they service the filter. 

Also, what are the water parameters? Caridina shrimp require certain water conditions, so if they aren't being met, they would perish and the amanos may scavenge them.