Noob diagnosing yellow spots

I've got root tabs in the substrate and I've been dosing API Leaf Zone as directed. I know that's not comprehensive, but I'm still just learning. My API test strips say KH is about 120, and GH is 180+. My liquid API test says GH is about 9 drops. And the KH liquid test is about 7 drops. (Though I'm still learning what those mean too)

I've just been trying a bunch of different plants, but I figured since I'm here I should take advantage of all your knowledge.

Okay, sounds like you are low on water column dosing. I would look for a comprehensive fertilizer like Easy Green, or others l, and dose per directions to start. I would discontinue the leafzone and save it just in case you need it later. 

With a higher pH, Fe can be made unavailable to plants. Do you know the pH of the tank?

Mmiller is crazy good at his fertilizer knowledge so im not trying to second guess him, im just trying to simplify things. I would think this is specifically a nitrogen deficiency, anubis is a water colum feeder and does not benifit from root tabs like your other plants. This is probably the reason your other plants don't look like they have the same deficiency. Mmiller is right get a good all in one fertilizer!! Feed that anubis, it's starving!! IMO 10 nitrates is the bare minimum a planted tank should have. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

pH is 7.5 both on my test strips and my liquid test. Nitrates are only at about 10 with my liquid test, and don't register at all pretty much on my test strip.

Okay, I would also get the iron supplement Seachem Iron. Easy Green is EDTA chelated and Seachem is ferrous gluconate. So the iron is being mostly locked out from Easy Green