Fishroom 64

Jimmy

Greetings! I’m starting a new thread for fishroom 64. It’s long overdue. For the past few months I’ve been adding updates to the build thread from the room but it’s basically complete at this point. At this point it’s been up and running for 5+ months and past this point I would like to share an occasional update on the happenings in my fish nerd laboratory of sorts.

A little about me. I built a room back in August 2021 in my detached shop. It’s roughly 50 square feet and houses 27 aquariums. I documented the build somewhat thoroughly. I’m a father of 4 small children and have a busy life. The room is a bit of a treat to myself and I try to involve my children when I can. You can see the progression through this link.

• Like 1

So this evening I came inside from the fish room and shoved my phone in my wife’s face to show her a picture and I said “This is where we get our money back!!” Jokingly of course.67F956E6-8992-4EFC-8B0F-792923455C38.jpeg.f7e76011eb37e08bed5d748e3a9336b4.jpeg

After having a group of 8 Norman’s lampeyes in a 10 gallon for a few months I decided to throw a spawning mop in for the first time after not producing any fry organically. Low and behold I was able to pull 16 eggs today!0A8E17B7-148F-4C81-981D-483070892AD8.jpeg.8fac7c3540741ba3e9eaf6638c7f29b4.jpeg

I moved the eggs to a shoebox with some aeration, I will post a photo later. If I don’t succeed to hatch them I will attempt a egg tumbler next time. Stay tuned!

• Love 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:42 AM, eatyourpeas said:

I love my little one Lampeye fry! He is now eating Micro Pellets and stealing from the big guys! 🤣 About 7mm as of yesterday. They are so much fun, congratulations! 😍

How did you hatch them? I pulled a bunch and left a bunch in the mop. They don’t appear to eat them.

I did not intend to breed them. Didn't even know I had fry until I saw the little blue alien eyes staring right at me. There have been other fry from the CPDs, but I think they got eaten. I do not think the Lampeyes are a threat, as in my case the CPDs are the ones quite unfriendly towards little critters.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:57 AM, eatyourpeas said:

I did not intend to breed them. Didn't even know I had fry until I saw the little blue alien eyes staring right at me. There have been other fry from the CPDs, but I think they got eaten. I do not think the Lampeyes are a threat, as in my case the CPDs are the ones quite unfriendly towards little critters.

Interesting! So no care at all. I think trying two different matches should yield some results