assassin snail in tub?

CT_

Last summer my tub grew CRAZY amounts of random snails.  I don't hate them.  in the tub I rather like them, but there were a TON.  I'm wondering if I could "breed" higher value snails in a summer tub in seattle. 

I guess I need to know

1) are they invasive

2) will they survive the temps.  I didn't monitor too close but I think even in summer my tub got down to the 50's in temperature.  Internet says they like high 60's.  but the internet says the same thing about the rice fish that survived an inch of ice in this tub.

I have been breeding assassin snails in one of my tanks and have had them survive in water in the low 60's, so it may be possible but not sure I would push it to the 50's personally. Not sure whether they would be classified as invasive (I live in the UK so pretty sure they wouldn't survive in the wild here). 

Edited by Intuos
  • Like 1

I found this.  page 9 has a climate map.  prettymuch all of the US except parts of texas and FL are score a 0 on matching.  So it sounds safe.  but it also sounds like its probably not possible to breed out doors here.