Lighting for 10g rectangle

BAT

Hi All,

I have a NICREW light on my 10g. It works ok, but I don’t think it gets great distribution to the sides of the tank. I was thinking of buying the Fluval 3.0 22W but it’s out of stock on Amazon right now.  What do you think of the Fluval 3.0 Nano? Should that only be used with a square aquarium?

I have an Aquasky on my 10g (50% off on Black Friday...couldn't resist)...it gets decent coverage in the tank, but if I put stems on the ends of the tank they definitely tend to bend towards the middle looking for the higher light - I try to just put lower light plants (anubias/java fern/crypt) on the sides and put anything that may want med/higher light towards the middle.

I would definitely check out the Fluval 3.0 thread (I think there's an aquasky one as well) to see how the lights are set up on different size tanks.

hope that helps!

I just purchased a Fluval 3.0 22 watt for a ten gallon rectangular tank and find the distribution to the sides of the tank to be VERY disappointing. I really like the light because of the color control, dimming, and programming but the coverage leaves something to be desired.

• Thanks 1