sponge filter leak

zlk718

No matter how short I make the airline tubing connecting the airstone (I dont think it cant get any shorter than what I have it connected as now) or straight I try to make it I still get like 1 bubble every 7-10 seconds coming out the top of the sponge rather than through the green tube. Using an aquarium co op medium sponge filter, and same result whether I'm using usb nano air pump or aquatop ap50 air pump. Is there anything else that will help and does it matter in terms of effectiveness of the filter? Thanks.

I doubt that it has any impact on the efficiency of the sponge filter, but I can see how it can be asthetically displeasing!

I have had luck by spinning the top section of the filter where the airlines attach and reorienting the air stone.  I also had success by adjusting the amount of air flow.  Less worked better for me.  I also have a Ziess never clog air stone which I adjusted down to small sized bubbles.

I think that as it gets more bacteria and mulm built up in it, it will probably do it less or stop altogether.

StanF