Looking for python and pump combo plz help asap

2absolute2purity2

Would anybody be able to help me with a link to buy a python system and the electric pump needed to pull out water of the aquarium? I really need one about 75ft for my 75 gal freshwater thats outta cycle. Ammonia 1.0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20ppm, ph 8.0 cuz of well water. Please share wheres the cheapest youve seen these water changers so i may buy one asap. I need a hose for 50ft 

I think Amazon has them cheapest.  That said, you can do water changes without a python.  

If you for some reason absolutely had to have a pump to do it, you could get a bilge pump from Walmart (I think most of them carry one, or at least they do around here, but we live basically on the Mississippi River).  You'd need to power it with 12V DC (car battery).

I *think* Python connections are just standard hose connections, so if all you need is 50 feet of hose, you can probably find that somewhere easy to pick up today.

• Like 1

@jwcarlson 

you could get a bilge pump from Walmart 

This is really going to be the best idea for a larger tank.  I have a transfer pump that I used to empty a 50 gallon garbage can filled with liquid fertilizer for my gardens in the summer.  I think it pumps 615gph and that goes from a 10 foot garden hose to a 100 ft garden house out to a sprinkler head.  Obviously @2absolute2purity2 wouldn't need something as powerful but I think a bilge pump or transfer pump would be the way to go 

• Like 1