temperature for goldfish

Bmac

Hi Flumpweasel , Sorry about the delay was outside working on the snowblower . Yes they are fancy goldfish that I got locally , I live in Maine USA , and I turned the heat down to 68 -70 degrees Fahrenheit , I,m not sure what that works out to Celsius. But anyways I will keep you up to date on their progress, Take Care, Brett

Hi petty o ,  Thank you for the advice . Take Care, Bmac

• Like 1

In a heated house they are generally good a room temp my fish was over 20 when I added a heater which was to treat ick (much easier in warmer water) and then left it in to protect against my miserly attitude to heating when I'm out or away. 

Checked a converter and 18C is about 64f so your in the ball park. If your dropping temp try to do it slowly only a couple of degrees each day. Just to be on the safe side.

I don't have a heater in my tank and just let it stay at room temp.  The room varies from around 65F in the winter to 75F in the summer.  I have seen youtube videos  where people have said that if you put in a heater and keep the temp at 72F - 78F, it speeds up their metabolism and helps them to digest food better and grow faster.

StanF