Filter question

Khole new fish

On 11/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, Khole new fish said:

Hello i am new to this hobby and i really need to ask questions at times. 

I have a 3.5 gallon tank with live plants and one Betta fish now o have the tank filter and a sponge filter question being should i just run the sponge filter or both?

A sponge filter will be just fine, as long as the tank is cycled. This means: there are sufficient bacterial colonies built up to convert ammonia to nitrite, and then nitrite to nitrate.

Here’s my son’s 5.5 gal tank, filtered on one small sponge filter…

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, Fish Folk said:

A sponge filter will be just fine, as long as the tank is cycled. This means: there are sufficient bacterial colonies built up to convert ammonia to nitrite, and then nitrite to nitrate.

Here’s my son’s 5.5 gal tank, filtered on one small sponge filter…

Wow love it i really hope to do my best job with this communities help thanks so much.

I live in Puerto Rico and it is hard some times to find help all i have around me are big stores and must do not know how to answer doubts and it is frustrating.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:07 PM, Khole new fish said:

Wow love it i really hope to do my best job with this communities help thanks so much.

I live in Puerto Rico and it is hard some times to find help all i have around me are big stores and must do not know how to answer doubts and it is frustrating.

Welcome aboard! So happy to encourage you in your hobby.