fish food?

scott the fishman

HELLO FISH KEEPERS!

so i was just thinking am i feeding smart? heres my list of fish friends.

3 rummy noses

6 tiger barbs

4 green tiger barbs

5 large redeye tetras

3 yoyo loaches

3 zebra loaches

10 cherry barbs

3 siamese algae eaters

1 large pleco

1 red tail black shark

5 nitrite snails

thats the list of fish in my 75g planted tank. i am feeding sera vipagran nature stable granulels, sinking sinking wafers for the botton feeders.

once a week they get one square of frozen brine shrimp. i notice the rummy nose are allmost to small to eat this combo of food.

i do crush a small pinch of the granules with my fingers that helps some of the time. the tiger barbs  eat  most the food.

not sure how to combat that with out over feeding. any tips on food and techniques would be great!!

On 11/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I picked up some wrong sized food and I just crush it for my smaller fish it sinks a bit faster than I'd like but everyone seems to eat it ok.

Harlequin rasboras and pigmy corys certainly have no issues. I do prefer the hikari micro pellets but sometimes you have to work with what you have.

yeah thats what i am doing with the food i have. but it makes sink right to the bottom.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:52 PM, Manny said:

This is why I use the Xtreme krill flakes andmatter the size of the fish, I can always crush these flakes to them smaller and I’ve still to meet a fish that doesn’t go insane at feeding time. 

thanks! i am going to order Xtreme krill flakes.

• Like 1